Today we will talk about a train that crosses the border of Bangladesh. We will narrate in detail the Dhaka to Kolkata train ticket prices and Schedules. Our purpose is to make this long journey delightful for you.
Bangladesh and Kolkata are located alongside. People from Bangladesh frequently travel to Kolkata due to education, business, treatment, shopping, and tour. If you cross the border between the two countries, you have to do immigration.
We are going to share with you the easy way to cross immigration, seating arrangements for Dhaka to Kolkata train ticket prices, and the train schedule.
Table of Contents
- Train Route and Other Information of Dhaka to Kolkata
- Dhaka to Kolkata Train Schedule
- Maitree Express Dhaka to Kolkata All Substations
- Dhaka to Kolkata Train Ticket Price
- Dhaka to Kolkata Train Ticket Booking Process
- Kolkata to Dhaka Train Ticket Booking Process
- Dhaka to Kolkata Immigration System
Train Route and Other Information of Dhaka to Kolkata
Earlier planes were the only way to travel to Kolkata. Now there are three ways like airway, highway, and railway. Maitree Express started its journey in 2008 on this route as a symbol of friendship between Bangladesh and India.
The distance between Dhaka and Kolkata is 454 km. Undoubtedly it is a long way.
The train journey takes approximately eight hours and immigration two hours. The whole journey is 10 hours. Maitree Express started its journey in 2008 on this route. Here is a table that has been shared for your convenience.
|Dhaka to Kolkata distance||454 KM|
|Number of Trains||01|
|Estimated travel time||10 hours|
Dhaka to Kolkata Train Schedule
If anyone asks how many trains depart from Bangladesh to Kolkata, then the answer is two trains. One departs from Dhaka, Kamalapur railway station and another is from Khulna.
A large number of people try to catch the Kolkata going train from Dhaka. Maitree Express runs on Dhaka – Kolkata route five days a week. Previously used to run four days a week. These five days the train holds two different numbers.
Look at the chart as follows and you will know all the details.
- BR= Bangladesh Rail
- IR= Indian Rail
|Train Route||On Day||Train No||Rake||Off Day|
|Dhaka to Kolkata||Sunday||3107||BR||NO|
International train Maitri Express runs from Dhaka to Kolkata 4 days a week: Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The train leaves Dhaka Cantonment Railway Station for Kolkata at 8:15 am and reaches Chitpur station in Kolkata at 4 pm.
Similarly, Maitri Express arrives in Dhaka from Kolkata 4 days a week: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday. The train leaves Chitpur railway station in Kolkata at 08:10 am and reaches Dhaka Cantonment railway station at 4:05 pm.
Note: Dhaka to Kolkata train schedule may change unforeseen reasons
Also Like: Dhaka to Mymensingh Train Schedule | Dhaka to Narsingdi Train Schedule
Maitree Express Dhaka to Kolkata All Substations
You are now interested in knowing the substations of Maitree Express. Since Maitree Express runs between two countries, It is not like other Intercity trains. Other trains depart from Kamalapur station while Maitree Express starts from Dhaka cantonment. It has only four substations.
Look at the chart to have a clear idea about the substations of Maitree Express.
- BST= Bangladesh State Time
- IST= Indian State Time
|Dhaka Cantonment Station||08:15 AM (BST)|
|Darsana||01:50 PM (BST)|
|Gede||03:00 PM (BST)|
|Kolkata Chitpur Station||06:10 PM (IST)|
Dhaka to Kolkata Train Ticket Price
Knowing the train schedule, you must be searching for the Dhaka to Kolkata train ticket price. Dhaka to Kolkata is a long way. As a result, the train has to be well-furnished with modern facilities.
Maitree Express is a luxurious train service. Having ten coaches the train now carries 456 people at once. It is a fully air-conditioned train with a standard catering facility. Ticket price depends on the basis of these facilities.
We have given the Dhaka to Kolkata train ticket price on the table.
|Seat Classes||Ticket Price||VAT||Travel Tax||Total Cost|
|AC Chair||1748 BDT TK||252 BDT TK||500 BDT TK||2500 BDT TK|
|AC Cabin||2522 BDT TK||378 BDT TK||500||3400 BDT TK|
AC Cabin has been divided into two sections, one is a single cabin with three seats. The other is a double cabin with 6 seats. Children get a 50% discount for up to 5 years old. The age is determined according to their passport. If they are over five years old, they must buy an adult ticket.
Note: Dhaka to Kolkata Train Ticket Price may change with the change of dollar value
Like Also: Dhaka to Kolkata Air Ticket Price | Dhaka to Natore Train Ticket Price
Dhaka to Kolkata Train Ticket Booking Process
Maitree Express is an international train so the tickets are not available at other stations or online except at Kamalapur railway station and Chittagong station. Tickets have to be a buy-in person. You can book the ticket for a maximum of thirty days and a minimum of 6 days before your Kolkata trip.
Tickets are available at those two stations every day from 9 am to 5 pm. A valid passport is mandatory with an Indian visa seal is a must to book tickets. Without a valid passport and visa, you can not plan a trip to Kolkata. One person can not buy more than three tickets.
However, one advantage is you can also book your Kolkata to Dhaka return ticket from Kamalapur railway station. In that case, you will be given 20% of the total ticket from Dhaka and the remaining 80% from Kolkata.
Kolkata to Dhaka Train Ticket Booking Process
You can also buy Kolkata to Dhaka train tickets at Kamalapur railway station. 20% of tickets for the Kolkata – Dhaka train are booked from Dhaka. The remaining 80% of tickets are given from the Kolkata counter. In India, tickets for the Kolkata-Dhaka train must be purchased from the Fairley Place Railway Building in Dalhousie or from the Kolkata Terminal Station in Chitpur.
Apart from these two places, Kolkata-Dhaka train tickets are not sold anywhere. Ticket bookings are offered at Fairley Place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. On the other hand, ticket booking on the second floor of Kolkata station is open from 4 pm to 9 pm.
Dhaka – Kolkata Train Ticket Return Policy
Maitree Express has a ticket return policy. In case your trip gets canceled, you may return the ticket. Authority deducts service charges at a fixed rate and after that refunds the money. The return system has a time frame.
|Time||Deduction Amount of Ticket|
|120 hours before departure||25 BDT TK|
|Less than 120 hours||50% BDT TK|
|More than 96||50% BDT TK|
|Less than 96||75% BDT TK|
|More than 72 hours||75% BDT TK|
You won’t get any refund for less than the time mentioned above.
Dhaka to Kolkata Immigration System
If you cross the border of a country, you need to face immigration. We have divided this process into three steps to make it easier to understand. You have to reach the Dhaka cantonment railway station two hours before the departure time. Then collect and fill up the immigration form. The first step is complete.
Boarding on the train, you will be given a disembarkation form before the Kolkata station reaches. Fill out the form with the proper information for example put the address where you will stay. By filling up the form, the second step of immigration is also complete.
The final step starts when you arrive at the Kolkata station. Stand in the immigration line and gather your declaration form from Indian customs, fill it up and submit it to them. Once your final stage is done, that means your immigration is complete, your luggage will be checked through a scanning machine and then you are ready to enter India.
In the same way, you have to do immigration on the day returning back from Kolkata to Dhaka.
Luggage Carrying Cost of Dhaka to Kolkata Train
For your convenience let us inform you that an adult person can carry up to 35 KG free of charge and a child, can take an extra 20 KG without any cost. $2 will be charged when the weight of the luggage is between 35 to 50 kg. If it weighs more than that, you have to pay $10 per kg.
Meals on Dhaka-Kolkata Train
A food truck accompanies the Maitri Express train between Dhaka and Kolkata. It has light meals and drinks for train passengers. Passengers are provided food at a fixed price. There is a menu and price list of what foods are in the food cart.
It is strongly forbidden that no one can get on or off the train if it stops at a non-scheduled station. It is punishable. If anyone tries to do this then railway police have the right to arrest him.
Read More: Dhaka to Chittagong Train Schedule | Dhaka to Sylhet Train Schedule
Ultimately, we have tried to write down all the necessary trips and tricks about Dhaka to Kolkata train ticket prices and train schedules so that you can plan a fantastic tour. Must check the dollar rate before booking tickets.
- Dhaka to Kolkata Train Ticket Price and Schedules 2023 - February 24, 2022
Chittagong to Cox’s Bazar Bus Ticket Price and Counter Number 2023
Dhaka to Kolkata Bus Ticket Price 2023, Schedule and Counter
Dhaka to Patuakhali Launch Ticket Price and Schedule 2023
Dhaka to Chandpur Launch Ticket Price and Schedule 2023
Sakura Paribahan Online Ticket Booking, Contact Number & Schedule 2023
Shyamoli Paribahan Counter Number, Online Ticket Booking, Price & Schedule 2023
Desh Travels Online Ticket Booking, Price, Counter Number & Schedule 2023
Green Line Paribahan Counter Number, Address & Ticket Price 2023